TALKanfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A -place to discuss the beloved Liverpool fc

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Liverpool new boy Danny Wilson eager to follow in the footsteps of fellow Scotsman Kenny Dalglish

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TALKanfield
Admin
TALKanfield

Liverpool new boy Danny Wilson eager to follow in the footsteps of fellow Scotsman Kenny Dalglish Empty
PostSubject: Liverpool new boy Danny Wilson eager to follow in the footsteps of fellow Scotsman Kenny Dalglish   Liverpool new boy Danny Wilson eager to follow in the footsteps of fellow Scotsman Kenny Dalglish I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:38 am

Liverpool new boy Danny Wilson eager to follow in the footsteps of fellow Scotsman Kenny Dalglish Danny-Wilson

Liverpool new boy Danny Wilson has set his sights on matching the success club legend and fellow Scotsman Kenny Dalglish enjoyed.

Wilson, 18, completed his switch from Rangers yesterday and inked a three-year deal. After making the switch for an initial £2 million, He has followed in the footsteps of countrymen such as Alan Hansen and Dalglish by making the move to Anfield.

Speaking to the club's official website, Wilson was keen to repeat the silverware winning antics of 'King Kenny.'

"Kenny Dalglish is one of the best players Scotland have ever produced and, as a Scotsman, to come to a club where he played and did so well is a great thing," Wilson said.

"I spoke to him after I signed and he wished me the best of luck. He is a legend in Scotland and I hope to follow in his footsteps and have some success like he had here."

The Scotland youth international was also looking forward to working with cosmopolitan new manager Roy Hodgson.

"He is a manager with great experience. He's worked in different countries so he'll maybe have a different outlook to what Walter Smith had and I'm looking forward to learning from him," he added.

After cutting his teeth at Ibrox, Wilson couldn't wait to team up with superstar trio Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Joe Cole.

He said: "It will be great [playing alongside them]. Players teach other players and they are three of the biggest names in the game, so hopefully I can learn from them, either in games or training, and try to pick up a few pointers."

Back to top Go down
https://talkanfield.forummotion.com

Liverpool new boy Danny Wilson eager to follow in the footsteps of fellow Scotsman Kenny Dalglish
Page 1 of 1